HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, January 29, 2012

do you have the fever?




Since the Independence 5K was such a big success last year(thanks to all of YOU) 
I'm thinking we all have Spring Fever, don't we? Well, maybe not me because here in Texas we've been bouncing back and forth with temps in the 70's...not very winter-like, I guess!
So why not celebrate that fever with a 5K or 10K run/walk?!

Are you ready to race? 
If you sign up (it's FREE but you must email me), you have March 1-15 to complete the race!
Remember, it's not about speed...you are doing this to have fun, be healthy 
and maybe win some great prizes too!  
*I encourage you to run or walk with family and friends, get them active and participating too!  
Even if you've never completed a 5K or maybe it's your first 10K, it doesn't matter
 just get out there, have FUN and ENJOY IT!
Distance: 5K (3.1miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) at your favorite location...
on the pavement, trails or the treadmill!
I will design a BIB for this race very soon, so stay tuned!
And like the Independence 5K last year, *Extra entry for taking a picture of yourself competing in the race Your picture just might be featured, so have FUN and be creative :)

Make sure you email me at rissarose80@yahoo.com to sign up!!
Participants will be able to sign up through the end of February, as long as they complete the race by the 15th of March, so please spread the word about this FUN and FREE virtual race!

And what about PRIZES?  Oh don't think I forgot about those!!
So far there's...

...and hopefully many more to come!  
Please spread the word, get excited 
and let's have some SPRING FEVER fun! and don't forget to grab the Spring Fever button (top right) to let others know!


6 comments:

Laura Boll said...

Sounds like fun! I'm in... I'll email you soon! Loving these 70 degree days, by the way. :)

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Yay! I'm in!

Meet the Smiths said...

I didn't know you were in Texas.
Good luck to y'all that are in...I'm building back up my momentum to last on the elliptical for longer than 20 minutes :)

Kathy said...

I'm in - just send you an email!

jillieb2 said...

New follower...would like to do the virtual race! Will email you.

Becca said...

So fun! I am in!