HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, November 29, 2012

how do you

PB2?
Find more info here 

This powdered PB is genius and the recipe possibilities are endless,
My personal favorite: chocolate chip PB protein balls

You'll Need:
2 tbs PB2
4-5 tbs quick oats
1 tbs chocolate chips
1 tbs honey or agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
and a few tbs water depending on thickness

Mix all ingredients in bowl. Refrigerate until you're ready to ENJOY!  
These are great post-workout snacks and it makes just enough!  If you'd like to enjoy these with your family, simply modify the recipe accordingly! 
  
Today's Workout:
My husband actually slowed his super-speedy pace for ME and we did a 5K in the neighborhood!  I was pushing it to help him still get a great workout, but I know I was holding him back AND there were several times during the run that I felt like I may barf!  Yea, he's THAT much faster than me.  But hey, I'm getting out there and getting in my workouts, so I can't be too hard on myself!  

This time between Thanksgiving and Christmas tends to be stressful on families, trying to get their shopping done, work, school, etc so keeping a healthy diet and getting in your exercise can be difficult.  Don't let it slip away!  
Stay focused and prepared!  

Keep a food journal.  As I've said before, "if you bite it, write it" so you're held accountable and don't overindulge at parties with junk food galore!!  

Sign up for holiday races because even if they aren't competitive, it's still a fun way to keep you active during this time of year and helps you set and focus on future 2013 goals!  

If running isn't your thing, set up some workouts with your friends!  
Try a new boot camp session together and allow yourselves to step out of your comfort zone :)

Introduce new foods to your dinner table.
If there's a new, healthy food on the market TRY IT!  If there's a veggie that your friends are raving about, give it a try!  If you eat all of your fruits, veggies and protein throughout the day, challenge your family to try something new!  
Or possible prepare a boring veggie differently, you can change their minds just by preparing it in a new, exciting way!  

Have you tried PB2? 
Have a favorite way you enjoy peanut butter?!

How do you stay focused this time of year?

*PUMPKIN CINNAMON SNACK*
Something to try,
After school, my boys are starving!!  It's a chore trying to find healthy snacking options so the other day I opened a can of pumpkin and mixed it with an 8oz container of fat free/sugar free cool whip!  Added a tbs mixture of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, refrigerate and serve with cinnamon graham crackers!  The boys went NUTS!!
This snack was lacking protein, but I'm sure I'll find a way to get it in there soon enough :)  
Suggestions?!  
    


3 comments:

Elle said...

Dying to get my hands on some PB2 but I have to mail order from the U.S. to Canada and so expensive for customs fees and darn shipping! Lucky you.

jillconyers said...

I LOVE LOVE PB2. Regular and chocolate. I'm going to try your recipe this weekend :)

Now, life would be good if they would make an almond version of PB2 :)

Samantha said...

I love pb2!! This fall I have been mixing it with pumpkin butter and snacking with an apple. Delish!!