HomeMy StoryRecipes

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

healthy tastes good!

I often hear, "I'd eat healthy if it tasted good"...WHAT?

Healthy DOES taste good if you prepare it correctly and try great recipes using flavor without the added fat and calories!  
Be optimistic when it comes to trying new foods.  If you didn't like it as a child, it's time to try it again with an open mind.  If we want to be healthy it means eating foods that are good for us, nutritious foods that don't come from a box or bag...

Here are a few recipes that may help satisfy your taste buds!

First of all, if you've never tried My Fit Foods I suggest you give them a try...and Wednesday August 7th-Saturday August 10th, they'll be offering 
GET A FREE LUNCH WITH THE PURCHASE OF A LUNCH!  
I have some My Fit Foods favorites, but watch the sodium in some of their meals...
other than that, ENJOY!  They have options for all healthy lifestyles, so ask for help at the counter and they should lead you in the right direction.  I am simple and really enjoy their lunch chicken with brown rice and broccoli.  Simple and delicious while on the go!











Move It Momma Yogurt Chicken Salad
You'll Need:
1 large can Chicken breast, or sliced grilled chicken *if you've prepped, you should have these on hand!
2 tbs plain Greek yogurt-I used Chobani
sprinkle garlic powder and chili powder
1/8 onion, chopped finely
2 stalks celery, chopped 
Combine and ENJOY!
*Pictured on 'Ole low carb/high fiber tortilla and lots of green leaf lettuce


Quick-n-Easy breakfast on the go!
You'll Need:
1 egg, 2 egg white omelet-I prepare mine in TJ's Coconut Spray and it takes less than 5 minutes!
1 slice Ezekiel toast with sesame-or any flavor but I like the added crunch of the seeds
Layer toast with leafy romaine then omelet, serve with a side of grapes or fruit of choice.
SIMPLE AND HEALTHY :)



Another option?
Organic High Fiber O's from Trader Joe's
These are delicious, and with 9 grams of Fiber and 6 grams of Protein per serving, what's not to love?

I serve these with Almond Breeze, unsweetened Original almond milk OR mix serving of plain Greek Chobani yogurt, fresh fruit, a little of these and you have a simple breakfast parfait that is filling and tastes great!

Today's Workout:
warm-up followed by 30 minute cardio using the elliptical-intervals and the spin bike-constantly changing my resistance levels.  Once my muscles are nice and warm, then move on to legs.  
*remember, change up your routine OFTEN!  It keeps the body guessing and keeps you from getting bored and in a routine that seems repetitive :)


Do you change up your workout routine?


**FIND & "LIKE" MOVE IT MOMMA ON FACEBOOK!**for latest recipes, workouts and MORE!

*Yes, I'm finally on FACEBOOK!  Woohoo!







2 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I am with you, healthy does taste good and unlike other unhealthy options that please the palate, healthy also FEELS good and makes you look good.

jillconyers said...

Ove the past 2 or so years I've learned and been amazed by how good and satisfying health can be!

Yep, I make changes often. It keeps me motivated and interested! Just switched from Jillian to Les Mills yesterday :)