HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, June 19, 2014

the little stuff...

can be just as important as the big stuff when it comes to losing weight, gaining strength 
or finding a healthier way of life.

the little stuff in between counts for something and you should give it some credit.
The journey is TOUGH.  I saw it through myself and I see it through the women that I am helping.  We find ourselves busy, stressed and we have nine million things that we NEED to do and exercise and eating healthy sometimes take a back seat.  That's okay BUT we must remember to never push it aside completely.  Do something, MOVE, make healthy choices while on the go and focus on how you feel throughout the day.  

Even today I have times that are easy and times where I feel like I'm falling apart...
the difference these days?  My life begins to spiral and I grab hold...
I remind myself of what it looks like to drop down to rock bottom.
I think about having to start the race from the beginning all over again and I don't want that.
Not now and not ever.

I say it a lot but it's true.  The weight loss or creating new, healthy habits is easy.  
The day to day maintenance and part of life where we think we're "finished" is what's hard.
It is what crushed me every time.
On a roll, feeling good and then the "little stuff" comes into our lives.  Small at first.
Then those responsibilities, fears, efforts, time, stress...it all grabs hold and becomes the BIG stuff and before we know it, healthy living has once again taken a back seat in our lives :(

It happens SO quickly, doesn't it? 
How quickly we forget how GOOD IT FEELS TO BE HEALTHY.
I had caught a glimpse many times in my past but let it go as soon as I barely reached the surface.  I saw what it felt like but didn't truly absorb it and allow it become a part of my life.

Today, don't allow the little stuff to take over your life!!
Be happy and healthy TODAY!

Snapshot EATS this week:
Oats with fresh blueberries and ground cinnamon.  
Perfect way to start the day and give me some pre-workout fuel
You will have more energy and the oats are dense and will make you feel fuller, longer.  

High fiber cereal served with Original, unsweetened Almond Milk.  YUM!
This is Trader Joes High Fiber Cereal mixed with their Raisin Bran-which has much less sugar than other brands and contains protein where others do not.  I sprinkled with a little Linwoods Flax and Chia seed for some added YUM!


An average calorie burn!  Gotta MOVE if we want our bodies to function as they should :)  
Remember it's all about BALANCE!
Exercise AND our eats must go hand in hand in order for the magic and success to take place!


Post workout snacks are usually a rice cake with PB, cottage cheese and one serving of fruit, handful of almonds and a serving of fruit...but this day it was different because obviously I needed a trip to the grocery store so I borrowed my kiddos goodies and had grapes, some pretzel Goldfish and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge.  I don' eat this daily but it was a nice change!

Dinner is always something balanced and EASY!
Most evenings we opt out of having a starch and stick to protein and veggies but we were in the mood for change.  I made my ground turkey and bean burritos in the oven and they were delicious!
Ground turkey, a little cumin and chili powder while sauteed meat, little black beans.  Roll up and pop in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes or until crispy.  My kids eat these as well :)  
I served on a bed of romaine, avocado and plain Greek yogurt.  Balanced and delicious!

No comments: