HomeMy StoryRecipes

Monday, April 20, 2015

DIVA half marathon recap!

I'll begin this post by sharing a few of the MANY texts and messages 
I've received since completing the race yesterday!


"How do I thank someone who has given me my life back?!  YOU have saved my life!  THANK YOU!  I would have never even dreamed I could accomplish all of this, but with your unconditional love & support I feel like I can do anything! YOU are amazing & make me feel amazing.  I LOVE YOU more than you know."

"I just want to say how proud and happy I am for you and what you do for these women who put their health and fitness in your hands.  I watch all your posts and videos on FB and tear up sometimes knowing that you are changing lives!  I know it means the world to you to help women, and it just makes me so happy for you.  Wanted you to know that!!  You're amazing"

"I cannot thank you enough for being my constant motivation for doing things I never thought possible.  As proud of you as you are of us!"

"Couldn't have done that without you!! You are one amazing, caring, motivating, inspiring women that I have ever met!! I could say more but I'm emotionally drained that I can think straight! Lol! Thanks so much for pushing each and everyone of us! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"SO incredibly honored to have shared this experience with you! From the day I met you, I saw it. You had it in you and you've proved that to yourself. The ones that ever doubted you are only hiding behind their own fears. That is part of the journey to keep you grounded & to help you see that you're ambition and determination frightens some, and even yourself but also inspires MANY! Yesterday you fought hard to achieve a goal-one you once thought impossible but YOU DID IT! You did not allow a fear so great it almost paralyzes you, win. THAT is inspiring. You have changed my life, are a big part of the reason our group has become what it is. YOU can finally see what I've seen all along and that my friend, is what the journey is all about "



Putting this race into words might be tough but I'll give it a try...
The pre-race festivities are always the most fun with this group! We laugh, stand in line for potty's, giggle and hug! Oh and we take pictures, LOTS of pictures! 



NEVER QUIT DIVAS!
Possibly my favorite shot of the day! Love it!  

We had support throughout the race!  Kids, mom's and dad's, husbands...people were everywhere! They were ALL cheering on the Momma's!  

I ran over 18 miles making my way forward and BACKWARDS( yes, I even traveling the wrong direction) making sure they were all okay!  

There's always a defining moment in life's greatest achievements and this was one of those moments.  Each of the 23 Momma's that participated crossed the finish line at a different time so as we made the last turn, I saw green shirts everywhere!  Keep in mind at this DIVA race it was all about PINK, except for us.  There they were...cheering us around the corner to the finish line.  They were wearing their medals proudly and yelling!  Then most of the group started to move toward us and they were now gathering around myself and two Mommas that were on their way to the finish line.  We had formed a posse right there on the course!  It was beautiful.  They had tiaras, boas, medals and TEARS.  You heard words of encouragement and there were hugs galore.  What a moment.  Rather than them crossing the finish line of such a great achievement and leaving to celebrate with their individual families, they stayed.  THEY ALL STAYED.  Not one person left that finish line UNTIL that last Momma crossed the line.  It was like it wasn't even an option for them. 
 It was one of the most inspirational and beautiful moments of my life...


This girl right here had a dream!  It was a BIG dream that many doubted she could achieve, even herself.  BUT SHE DID IT and not alone by far.  She inspired over 20 others to take that journey with her!!!  THAT is what it's all about!  We were all there, sharing that moment together.  It is a moment that can never be taken away from any of us, it is ours forever.  The sky is the limit for her and the rest of my Momma's that finished their first half marathon or that was just another goal to crush on their journey.  All that mattered is that we DID IT!  



As I'd make my way around the course, I'd stop and grab pictures with these ladies!  Look at those smiles...who smiles while running 13.1 miles?  WE DO!  

Ok we had a few laughs on the course as well!  WHY NOT!  


Selfie's everywhere!!!  Too many to upload but you get the idea...

I came up to mile 4 and I saw them...
My husband, boys and my Momma.  They were cheering, had signs and were waving at me!  I immediately took off, running as fast as I could toward them...My biggest fans!  My oldest son begged to run with me and he ended up completing 6 miles by my side!  I cried as I watched him run so effortlessly and enjoy it.  He's nothing like I was as a child and that makes me SO proud and helps me understand that we ARE doing something right by raising these boys with a love and respect for their bodies, their health and fitness.  It's beautiful!  I'm one, proud Mom!


Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?


What we've created is amazing.  It has no words and cannot be duplicated.  I wouldn't trade one second of my unhealthy past and former self because SHE led me to these women.  These beautiful, determined and healthy women.  We've lost weight together, cried together, lost inches, gained strength, overcome obstacles, supported one another and completed races TOGETHER!  

In this world there are people all around that LOVE us when we are weak.  The weakness makes them feel stronger and better about their own fears and while that saddens me, it also pushes me harder and further and inspires me to help women of ALL ages, shapes and sizes feel safe, strong and fearless!!! 
 You see nobody is threatened by weakness BUT many are fearful of strength and determination!


We can conquer the universe TOGETHER!  No doubt in my mind!  These women are like family, more than I ever dreamed of and they have changed my life.  They have blessed me with the ability to do what I love.  I am able to help others because somewhere they see hope within me.  I see their strengths far before they see it themselves.  I lived in that dark place for SO long that I can spot it from miles away...it's a gift.  I want to change their way of thinking.  I want to be their symbol of hope when others want to knock them down, we will be there to lift them back up. 
 Life is HARD, being a mom and wife is HARD...
getting healthy should be easy and it can be with the right people behind you!  

...and finally my "pep talk" ended with happy tears!  Tears of joy for these beautiful women who I was able to share a beautiful and emotional day with.  I thank each of them for letting me in and allowing me to be part of such a HUGE milestone on their journey.  Many more to come, so just wait!  

WE ARE THE MOVE IT MOMMAS and we aren't going anywhere but UP!!!  

One of many fierce Momma's, arms up and ready to cross that finish line.  Wish I had pics of every Momma at that point but sadly I do not :(  But my Gloria, She has overcome SO much.  She's unstoppable and when I first met her, she has restrictions and health issues that kept her from pushing to her fullest...NOT NOW!  My how she's changed!  Watch out world, Gloria is on her way!  13.1 baby!!!!  

My advice to ALL of you, no matter where you are on your fitness journey.  Stay strong, aim high and find people to lift you up!  Too many people in this world will try to drag you down so use it as motivation to shout, "OH YEA, WATCH ME!!!!" It's so empowering and free!  I have found on my own journey that many people are in our lives for the wrong reasons...you must weed through them and find those that clap for you at your greatest moments and are there to catch you when you fall...for those are the TRUE friendships in life!!!  I would do anything for my family, friends and my Move It Mommas and I will keep that promise forever and ever!!!
In life I've found that people really loved me at my worst, loved me a little less at my best but nothing in between.  They took what they wanted when THEY wanted it...not anymore!  This life is for ME!!!!  Nobody can take that way from me and you shouldn't let any of these things be taken away from you!  IT'S YOUR LIFE, HOW WILL YOU LIVE IT??!    
Use milestones and goals you have reached to keep you going...it's all a stepping stone toward things to come!  BIG things to come!  

It's time to dream bigger and set more goals...

1 comment:

Victoria Montes said...

Its a path! Slowly im understanding where to go. So afraid.