HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

the CAN effect...



When you fill your mind with "CAN'T" then it knows nothing else but failure.

Such a simple quote there, but means so much to me.  
It REALLY is that simple.
It's making a choice.
Not thinking about a choice or wishing to make a choice but...
MAKING A CHOICE.
MAKING A DECISION.

You must want to be better FAR MORE than wanting to remain the way you are.  

There's nothing worse than meeting someone and their first words are, "Oh I can't do this/that because of ______"
Well of course you CAN'T because you've set your mind up to fail before giving it a chance to succeed.  
If we couldn't do things due to limitations then why are there people out there proving us wrong every day?  Because although they were given an obstacle, they decided to TRY rather than making an excuse.  Sure maybe it'll be hard and almost impossible but they are TRYING.

When I'm asked the popular question of HOW?  I give the answer of, "because I never gave up", "I stopped saying I can't and started saying I'll try"


A favorite quote I read the other day, 

"Never be afraid to fall apart. It presents an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wish you'd been all along"

I'm successful because of ME.  I did the work, I do the work every day to better myself.  
I'm worth that and so much more...and YOU ARE TOO!

Clear the mind of  CAN'T, it sounds so simple yet it's one of THE hardest things I've ever done.  I was a quitter, an "I can't do this because ____" that WAS me for years.  Until I started believing in myself and giving myself a chance to succeed.  
It's never too late! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN
the words we speak create the house we live in.
I CAN!

Marissa said...

yes!!! Exactly :)