HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I want it, but how?

I credit A LOT of my success from having lived the opposite lifestyle for so many years.
When I'm at a social event, dinner with friends, lunch with my family I think about this...
It's a reminder I must repeat to myself OFTEN.
The day I forget what it's like to FEEL HEALTHY, that's when I should be afraid...

On the bad days I'm reminded that when my mind wants to quit, my body will always step in and finish what I started because I am strong!  You must remember I felt like crap for YEARS.  My stomach was always "off", I was bloated, had little energy, was sluggish and had no motivation to truly change because the cycle repeated itself over and over again...
it's the only thing I knew. 
A HUGE lesson I've learned on this journey is that failing is okay...

For so long I'd fail and then QUIT but I had it all wrong...
I can fail but I must get back up and the more I fail, the more inspiration I give myself to TRY AGAIN!  With failure comes growth, strength and I use each obstacle that knocks me down as a lesson that I learn from and before I know it, I've succeeded. 

The secret?  
STOP GIVING UP! PERIOD.
We owe it to ourselves to feel good, to be the best mothers to our children, best wives to our husbands...It will add new meaning to your life and you'll never want to turn back!

Another lesson I learned when it comes to healthy eating?
When I ate unhealthy on a regular basis, I felt awful afterward.  
It didn't matter if the food tasted delicious or not, I felt awful because I didn't know how to turn my brain off while I ate.  It was like each bite triggered my brain into wanting more and more...and more.  I'd stop eating, feel like a failure, bloated and miserable.  
Now that I eat healthy 90% of the time, I feel GOOD.  
But when I do get off the path and eat not so great, I FEEL IT for hours...

I've learned that my body responds positively to good foods and exercise and it rebelled against me when I didn't treat it right.  If your body only knows you mistreating it, then it probably doesn't know what it's like to feel good and perform at its best...give it that opportunity to do what it's designed to do!  It's as simple as breathing once you get in the hang of it and you'll wonder why you hadn't done that all along  

Do I still have days where I want to be lazy, eat junk food and not be productive?  Well YES, I'm human and sometimes we just run out of steam...
But I think about that top quote, suck it up and push forward!  

My journey all started with WANTING CHANGE...
the rest is history and is being written every day with each workout and each healthy meal choice...that's what it's all about!  

No comments: