HomeMy StoryRecipes

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

first thing...

Often when I meet someone for the first time, and them knowing I've lost a lot of weight, changed my life and help other women do the same, I hear...
"I used to be super fit in college."
"I was in great shape before I had kids."
"I worked out a lot before I hurt my ____"
"At one point in my life, I weighed 120."
"I used to run marathons until I gained all of my weight back."
....you get the idea.
The list could go on and on.
And I'm not judging or upset with these people, but I have a point...


You ONLY fail when you quit for good, right?  Not when you have a bump in the road, that road leads you down a path you've never taken with twists, turns and road blocks, right?  RIGHT!  You fail when you give up once and for all.  So what you used to be _____.  
GET OVER IT!  
It's what's in front of you that matters NOW, isn't it? 


I used to be FAT, UNHEALTHY, WAS ADDICTED TO FAST FOOD, A SMOKER, PARTIED WAY TOO MUCH...that could define me but instead it shaped me into who I am today.  
I don't dwell on it, I learned and grew from it.  Just as I grew and learned from those times I lost weight, got a bit healthy and STILL gave up on myself for reasons I'll never know but one that I do know is that I didn't believe I could, so I never did.  

If you USED to be an athlete, healthy, a model and life changed, STOP DWELLING ON THE USED TO BE and focus on what WILL BE!!!!  
How will you change tomorrow instead of, "this was me but isn't anymore because of _______." Am I right?


We all have a "used to" and whether that used to was better than you are today or not, you have changed...we all have.  And if we want the road ahead to be bright, happy and healthy then we must cut the path!  It won't move forward on its own so if you choose to sit in "what I used to be" land, stay there by yourself...don't take others with you.  


We make our future.  We write our story.  
What do you want YOUR story to be?  Did you learn and grow or dwell on what USED to be?  

No comments: